Sunday, June 7, 2009

A Chocolate Chip for your marriage

September 18, 2007 marked the inaugural post and official launch of Chocolate Chip. Only personal friends received that message, but today I'm sharing it with the entire Chocolate Chip family.

There's no way I could know where each of you are in your faith journey, but as I approach my 13th anniversary next week, I share what has carried me through all these years.

It is my hope that you are blessed by this message and that it helps you to look at your spouse and your role just a little bit differently.

JB


9/18/07
During my study this morning I found something that hit me like a ton of bricks and my spirit is leading me to share it with you. This comes from the Life Application Study Bible and its commentary on the book of Ephesians, Chapter 6 in particular. It reads:

"The home and the church are difficult places to live the Christian life, because our real self comes through to those who know us well. Close relationships between imperfect people can lead to trouble-OR TO INCREASED FAITH AND DEEPENED DEPENDENCE ON GOD (emphasis is mine). We can build unity in our churches (and families- inserted by me) through willing submission to Christ's leadership and humble service to one another."

I think it says it all. I pray that we will continue to lift each other up as we build Christ centered families. Submitting to Him praying for increased faith, wisdom, and understanding not only during the difficult times but on a daily basis. I pray for humble hearts that lead us to repent to each other when we make mistakes and forgiving hearts that help us stand up when we fall.

In Jesus name, AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment