Thursday, February 18, 2010

Healthy Nutritious Lunchboxes? Is it too good to be true?




First Lady Michelle Obama's call to action last week to stop childhood obesity inspired me to dust off a project I had been working on for 2 years. I've been on a mission to find healthy lunch options not only for my children, but all the families at my son's school. In 2008 I started packing lunches because it was the only alternative to the greasy spoon the school ordered from with a menu consisting of chicken nuggets, mac n cheese and the like on a daily basis.


While commiserating with another mom during a play date, she put me on to this great brand that I couldn't help but share with our Chocolate Chip family.


kidfresh:


"We believe that good nutrition and a healthy lifestyle are essential to a child’s growth, health and well being. We have worked hard with nutritionists and chefs to create fun, nutritious meals that kids will actually enjoy while providing convenience and peace of mind to busy, caring parents." http://www.kidfresh.com/




They offer lunchboxes, dinners and mini meals including nutritional facts and ingredients which is particularly important for children with food allergies.


The website itself is AWESOME and a great source of information for parents. It includes nutrition tips, resources and the cutest testimonials from kidfresh's littlest fans and of course moms and dads too.


So where can you get kidfresh? The good news is the brand is now sold at your local WholeFoods.


I'm looking forward to testing this product out next week. Lord knows I'm tired of making turkey sandwiches just as much as my kids are tired of eating them:) Of course, we'll blog next week to let you know what we think.

Here's to our healthy children!


No comments:

Post a Comment