Monday, December 13, 2010

The Gift of Reading- Great Childrens Books for the Holiday


I'm excited to share this book with you written by The Play Groop, a collective of moms.  I must disclose that many of the authors are Alpha Kappa Alpha members and Jack & Jill mothers, so  I am especially proud and applaud them on their inaugural effort, Trying My Best to Be Good! 

It is a sweet story about a little girl trying her best to be good as she counts down the 5 days before Christmas.  It is when we're trying our hardest, that test and temptation come knocking.  And so it is for this little girl. 
http://www.amazon.com/Trying-My-Best-Be-Good/dp/098437230X/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1292210796&sr=1-1



We LOVE the David series by David Shannon and It's Christmas David! is no exception.  We often substitute our son's name because he can be equally as mischievous:) 

As usual David is getting into all sorts of stuff...sneak peaking at Christmas gifts, eyeing the Christmas cookies too closely, and  running down the street bucked naked (as the late great Robin Harris would say) as only classic David would do.

A delightful holiday read for the little boys in your life.  Check out the entire series. No David! and David Gets In Trouble are among our 4 year old's favorite books. 


'Of Thee I Sing: A Letter to My Daughters' by President Barack Obama "celebrates the characteristics that unite all Americans - the potential to pursue our dreams and forge our own paths."

"Of Thee I Sing: A Letter to My Daughters" is a tribute to 13 groundbreaking Americans, from the first president, George Washington, to baseball great Jackie Robinson to artist Georgia O'Keeffe.

The president will donate any author proceeds to "a scholarship fund for the children of fallen and disabled soldiers serving our nation,"

Excerpts from Washington Post:
http://mobile.washingtonpost.com/rss.jsp?rssid=617&item=+http%3a%2f%2fwww.washingtonpost.com%2fwp-syndication%2farticle%2f2010%2f09%2f13%2fAR2010091305423_mobile.xml+&cid=585&spf=1
 
Purchase it on Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/Thee-Sing-Letter-My-Daughters/dp/037583527X/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1292211037&sr=1-1

 
Lastly, I've decided to add the Sugar Plum Ballerina series by Whoopi Goldberg to my Christmas shopping list.  We've been so focused on Judy Moody, Ramona and Wimpy Kid lately, that I'm hungry to sprinkle some color into the mix. 



#1: Plum Fantastic
#3: Perfectly Prima


Happy Reading!

2 comments: