Thursday, March 18, 2010

The American Girl Fashion Show...Coming to a City Near You???



One of my fellow Jack & Jill moms just shared this information with me and I couldn't wait to get to my laptop to share with my Chocolate Chip family.

An exciting special event for our little girls may be coming to a city near YOU!

The American Girl Fashion Show

Addy became apart of our family last Christmas (courtesy of Nana) and Brooke LOVES her! She enjoys combing her hair and taking care of her beautiful brown dolly. I'm going to see if I can secure tix for Saturday's event in Scarsdale. I've listed a few of the upcoming shows below.


Albany, NY
Junior League of Albany
March 19-20, 2010
www.juniorleaguealbany.org

Scarsdale , NY
Junior League of Central Westchester, Inc.
March 20-21, 2010
www.jlcentralwestchester.org
Westford,MA
Roudenbush Community Center
April 9-10, 2010
978-692-5511 or www.roudenbush.org
Buffalo, NY
Women and Childrens Hospital of Buffalo Foundation
April 10-11, 2010
Newark, NJ
The Newark Museum
April 17-18 2010
973-596-5144 or www.newarkmuseum.org
For other cities check the website for details:

2 comments:

  1. I take issue with this doll and I am really wondering why you don't as well.

    The best American Dolls could do to represent our daughters was a runaway slave?

    Boooooooooo. American Girl dolls stink.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for your comment. I understand your point, but I don't intend to revise history. We can't hide from our past in this country as it has shaped us into the resilient and resourceful people we are. I agree there should be other historic African American dolls added to the collection that tell our story (i.e. The First Family doll collection). My daughter responds to having a brown doll that looks like her and that makes her (and me) feel good.

    ReplyDelete