Friday, September 17, 2010

Celebrate Family Tour Coming to NYC 9/21/10

Over a decade ago, my pastor led me to adopt a habit that I watched my grandmother practice during my childhood; I began listening to Christian radio.  I would wake up to catch AR Bernard's program at 6:25am on WMCA AM 570 for a little snippet of a Sunday sermon and some much needed early morning inspiration.  As it happens when you tune in, by default I began to listen to the programming that followed: Georgia preacher Charles Stanley at 7am and Dr. James Dobson's Colorado Springs based Focus on the Family at 7:30am which in many ways inspired the birth of Chocolate Chip. 

Solidified by an incredible infrastructure and tremendous depth of programming, Focus on the Family is a massive organization with significant political influence.  They galvanize the right to raise their voices against public policy that are not aligned with their values.  I learned ALOT.  Although I was often blessed by the practical yet powerful testimonies, it was necessary to filter through the ultra conservative views to gain the nuggets and insights on the practical and spiritual development of our families. 

Well Focus on the Family is coming to NYC with their Celebrate Family tour on Tuesday September 21, 2010 at the Hammerstein Ballroom at 7pm.  Admission is free.

Over time I stopped listening because of the demands of busy morning, but recently began tuning in by clicking in to the live feed online.  I must admit, I was led to the Celebrate Family tour announcement by an online ad featuring a lovely African American family strategically placed during Pastor Bernard's show (the incredible power of marketing).  The fact is we'll probably be in very small number, but if my experience over the past 10 years is evidence, attending will be well worth it.  Check it out.

http://tour.focusonthefamily.com/events/new-york.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment